The Blackbird Bar, Ballycotton is seeking an experienced Assistant Manager.
A lively traditional Irish pub in the heart of beautiful Ballycotton, a well-known and much-loved fishing village in East Cork.
The ideal candidate should bring senior bar experience, a host of knowledge and skills, and new fresh ideas. There is huge potential to develop the Blackbird’s already lively events, live music and private party scene.
This important position includes a range of duties, including administrative, leadership and practical tasks whilst efficiently running the bar and ensuring customers enjoy the best possible hospitality experience.
This assistant manager will also be responsible for the success and development of Team Blackbird.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Creating and maintaining a welcoming environment for customers
- Ensuring the Blackbird is adequately staffed and control staff timetables and liaise with payroll administration
- Carrying out Performance Reviews with all employees and undertake all training/upskilling that may be required
- Leading a small team of staff by example and coach and mentor staff as appropriate to improve performance
- Creating a positive work environment for staff and encouraging their career development
- Ensuring consistent, high-quality beverages are served to customers
- Ensure that regular stock takes are conducted, and margins are monitored consistently.
- Work with the audit team to identify where possible losses could occur and to develop procedures to limit such losses.
- Dealing with customer feedback and providing adequate solutions to customer complaints. Dealing with complaints in a professional manner.
- Monitoring inventory of beverages to ensure adequate stock
- Supporting the delivery of agreed financial budgets, in terms of revenue and costs, and work on events and marketing to achieve KPI’s and profit targets.
- Ensure all offers are communicated to the team and POS are updated in line with current offers / events
- Ensure all areas of the Blackbird Bar are maintained and presented in a manner that reflects positively on the business, and enhances the guest experience.
- Overseeing the cleanliness of staff and the physical bar area and paying attention to possible health hazards and regulation violations
- Represent the Blackbird Bar in negotiations with customers, suppliers, and other key contacts to secure the most effective contract terms for the bar
- Manage security requirements and equipment to ensure premises is always maintained in a safe manner when open, and closed
- Meeting sales and profitability targets
- Maximise all potential business development opportunities
- Health & Safety: Ensure that all aspects of the business’s operation are in accordance with legal requirements, particularly in relation to licensing, employment and health and safety.
- Ensure that incident reporting and investigation is managed to best practice guidelines and in line with the requirements of our insurers
- Ensure fire training and procedures are implemented
- Ensure the Blackbird is operating in compliance with all regulations as laid down by the Environment Health Officer, HACCP regulations and Government Legislation
Personal attributes required:
- Excellent People Management Skills
- A high level of commercial awareness
- Leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Professional Requirements & Experience
- Experience working in a management role in a busy bar
- A background in training and leading a team to the highest of standards of management
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Please apply by sending a cover note and your CV to Michael at MTA1Construction@gmail.com